After two attempts at poetry this weekend (friday and sunday), it is of course Monday, and time for Haiku. Todays word prompts like last week, originate from a couple of things from the weekend. They are the cat (she got fur-minated), rain (it rained a lot on saturday, well for southern California anyway), and standing (our boy who is very tall for his age, was doing some exercise looking moves, whilst standing on his own). So here goes:
furry little cat
always leave the gift of hair
no more winter coat
Well come on dear reader, that was kind of obvious.
wet, drenched, to the bone
our garden’s life giving drink
attain momentous rain
Actually I cannot think of a comment about that one. Ooooo, it just is.
standing here us two
welcoming milestone you do
or just to tease us?
Or as it is known in our house, related to something you don’t do when we want you to, and only do when you want to, although I’m more talking about independent walking than standing. For an infant / tot. Not that there is any need to force the issue.
Things I learned this weekend:
- The saturday morning news claimed “It’s a wintery day in California”, because it was a bit windy, and was raining.
- When fighting in the cage, it’s probably not a good idea to dive in for a takedown just as your opponent is trying to kick you = knockout.
- LFC managed another trip to Wembley in the FA cup semi finals after beating Stoke 2 – 1. It might even be a merseyside derby.
- Even on the football field some things are more important than football. On saturday, Bolton player, Fabrice Muamba collapsed off the ball with a heart attack, and had to be administered emergency treatment that thankfully saved his life. He is currently in hospital (still in a serious condition). The match was abandoned (it was 1 – 1 at the time, the game was also an FA cup quarter final).
- Ok, I might have to rethink my views on poetry.
Lexicon word of the day: punctilious.