I want a Rocket like this one:
Well actually I have one, sort of. It’s my son’s. Anyhoo, it is Easter Monday time and that means Haiku. Monday’s Haiku word prompts have turned into picking a couple of things relevant to my weekend. So for today they are:
- Easter bunny – I suspect you can work that out
- Chocolate – And that one too.
- Ferris Bueller -I watched Ferris Bueller’s day off again this weekend, having not seen it for years. It’s still amusing, if not a bit elaborate for a day off school. – Well it was a fun day for him.
So here we go:
Bounce Easter bunny
Spring forth with chocolate joy
Son has a surprise
I think I could have done a lot more with Easter on a larger poem. But Haiku is only 17 syllables.
Don’t look chocolate
I peel off your foil jacket
feed my addiction
Ok I like chocolate. What can I do? (Yes I used the same sentence there as last week substituting chocolate for ice-cream).
Sneak a day off school
Hang out with Ferris Bueller
Monday blues away
Is it the return of bonus Haiku? It is, with a word prompt of Ham:
Easter Ham tastes good
Not as much four meals later
leave now Easter ham
Ok. Ok. – Things I learned this weekend:
- We probably didn’t need that much Ham.
- Some times I’m not in the mood to write much, but then I seem to be able to come up with a few ideas of things to write about.
- North America is crap for buying Easter Eggs. Seriously, you get a much better selection in the UK. Although you can get Cadbury’s creme eggs so it is not all bad. The cadbury’s mini eggs are not quite the same here though. Yeaheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep, you get robbed again.
- This sunday might have been one of the best nights for TV ever. Game of Thrones, Mad Men, Eastbound and down, Life is short, The Killing, Nurse Jackie, AND (my wife made me mention) Titanic, the last word.
- I can mention LFC every week until the season ends (they didn’t lose this week, but they didn’t win either. They drew 1 -1 in a game they should have easily won).
Lexicon word of the day: imbroglio.