The view from Friday afternoon (well not my view, I pinched it from the Total Traffica – click image to view said site):
So this weeks weekend relevant prompts, for Monday Haiku are:
- Rain storm – It rained pretty heavily on friday afternoon. Well pretty heavily for southern California.
- TV warning – A warning appeared on the tv (at&t) warning of the storm above, about 20 minutes after it was already here. I’m pretty sure we knew about it at this point. I’m all for warnings of serious weather problems, I’m just in favour of the warning actually being a warning, and letting you know in advance.
- A cold -Yep, got one of those over the weekend, somewhat disrupting my plans to work on some story writing.
So here we go:
Dripping down my back
garden feeding, giving life
Shelter from rain storm
I didn’t want to mention leaky roof, were I to have one, but it would have fit. Oh might have beens, huh?
Huh? Whats that outside?
Storm warning on my tv
Think it’s already here
Slightly crazy that message, but it kind of wrote it’s own Haiku.
Cold, groggy, tired
Cold, life draining energy
No story with cold
Is it the return of bonus Haiku? Ok, it “returned” the last two weeks, be quiet at the back. A word prompt of Freedom (which I sort of pinched from Eric Alagan’s sunday post):
I say what I wish
Fire the neurons in my mind
Use the word freedom
Things I learned this weekend:
- I’m wondering who would be so engrossed in their tv that they fail to notice the weather outside, and therefore the late tv warning message would come as useful news to them.
- When you write a post about spam, suddenly that post will get more spam than any other post. I really wish I had made a count. Just over the weekend I think I had about 15 just for the spam post.
- Colds are no good for helping you write a story.
- The rule “If Jennifer Aniston is in the film, it is probably s**t (with the exception to the rule being Office space)”, may longer be as true. Yes I watched Horrible bosses at the weekend. She was actually very good as the sex obsessed dentist, so much so that for the first 20 minutes or so, my brain was having trouble acknowledging it was her.
- Liverpool Football club can make a second final in a season, this time for the FA cup. In just under three weeks they face Chelsea.
Afternoon update: Oh I meant to add earlier but forgot, Coachella would have been cool this weekend. Check out the full Radiohead set here:
And Pulp’s full performance here:
Lexicon word of the day: Yomp.