This weekend Luis Suarez (below) scored his first hat trick for Liverpool, the third one, a spectacular effort.
N.B.I did have a video of the third goal but it was blocked on youtube for copyright reasons. So this weeks weekend relevant prompts, for Monday Haiku are:
- Patching and painting – We had Orkin spray and protect for Termites last year. We had them back to finish an area round a rebuilt / extended part of the house, but also added protection round the windows and doors. They drill a small hole and pump foam into the area to protect the wood. I did the patching and painting so it looks as if nothing was done.
- Tidying up the garage – That great tradition of moving some junk into different places to give the impression that something has been done with it. Well it has. It got moved to a different place.
- Park -Took my son to the park for a run around (him more than me). It was hot so we had to cut it a little shorter than we had hoped for.
So here we go:
Smile, joy, patch and paint
make little hole disappear
like never happened
Hmm. Not a lot to say about that one other than it seems a bit average.
Feel afternoon heat
lift, reorganise my mind
clean up the garage
Actually I got some good work done (in the garage).
Freedom to explore
feel the grass, run round the park
And bonus Haiku? Yeah it is a bonus, so keep it down. This week is Jack White. His first solo album came out this week to good reviews. I was a little suspicious at first but after a few listens, it is a good one. Maybe even his best, up there with the White Stripes “Elephant”:
Bleed my ears to health
women, dominant and cruel
jack white’s new album
Things I learned this weekend:
- Spending a week of Gym work just on Cardio was something I might do more regularly. I usually do one day of cardio / abs, and the rest mostly weights after a warmup followed by 10 minute (slightly uphill) run. Having even forth or fifth week just to do Cardio / abs only, might be a good idea.
- I love Bob Mould’s band Suagar from the early nineties, that bit I didn’t learn this weekend, but I read an article in Spin over the weekend that looked back on the period so I needed to post the link.
- Liverpool Football club are a week away from the FA cup final. Luis Suarez, who has missed a whole load of chances this season got his first hat trick. The third, capping off a fine performance was a 45 yard lob over the goal keeper.
- I’ve noticed a few changes in spam strategies in the last week that you may wish to note. 1) Liking your post then posting a comment. In the one example of this I have had so far, the comment was still clearly spam. I’ll keep the like though! 2) Referring to the post title in the spam comment as if to suggest that someone took note. It was still clearly spam in the text.
Runner up 2 – “Hello there, simply turned into aware of your blog thru Google, and found that it is really informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels. I will appreciate if you continue this in future. A lot of other folks will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!” – I had to italicise my favourite bit. Thanks for the advice, I’m going to watch out for brussels as well.
Winner – “This can be the worst article of all, I’ve study” – Why you little, ggggrrrrrrrrrr, oh hold on a minute…
Lexicon word of the day: mope (I’m thinking more of the derivatives for this one).