This picture below is inspired by my post on saturday:
So this weeks weekend relevant prompts, for Monday Haiku are:
- Green Card – Regular readers will know I’m from the UK but living in California. My wife is from California. When we applied for my Visa over here we had been married for less than two years. What this means is when I was granted my visa, it was as a permanent resident but with a stop placed on it after two years. I had to apply for the stop to be removed no sooner than 6 months before the two year mark. This essentially meant that we had to submit various bits and pieces to confirm we were still married. So we put the pack together and sent it off. Other than a quick ID appointment, that was the last we heard for five and a half months. Anyway on friday, somewhat out of the blue, I received the approval letter. Assuming I don’t turn into some kind of criminal, I don’t have to apply for a visa again (and could become a citizen, should I want to).
- Liverpool losing the cup final – See the things I learned this weekend (below).
- Beastie Boy Adam Yauch passing – to Cancer at the age of 47. The Beastie boys are / were a significant entry to music, and music history, originally breaking huge in 1986 with album “License to ill” but progressing much beyond this. There is the usual argument about three white-ys bringing black music to the mainstream, but they were good at it, and it opened the doors for many artists to follow. Part of the 2012 entires to Rock n Roll hall of fame (broadcast this weekend), demonstrates their relevance to what is essentially a mainstream club. Check out Rolling Stone article here. Photo below from 1987 (click photo for link to MTV site with more photos).
So here we go:
Allmost unseen change
now freedom has new meaning
Green Card is complete
On the subject of the Green card, we were never really worried as we were not doing anything illegal, so there was no weight on the shoulders lifted. But it is nice that it has been completed, and we sent off the right information first time.
Saturday of sulk
Liverpool lose the cup final
Yep, I sulked most of saturday.
a beastie has gone
so MCA get on the
mic my man, farewell
I wanted to try get some lyrics in there but they pack so much in. I borrowed a little from “No sleep till Brooklyn”. – And bonus Haiku? Something a little different this week. A naughty little blog friend, and excellent blogger carrierubin.com challenged me to put some of her son’s verbal diarrhoea into some haiku. Carrie is a great blogger, if you’ve not seen her blog, check it out.
However I realise that some readers might not like the naughty words. If that is the case, feel free to skip over the part below marked out by the lines, and onto what I learned this weekend.
penis plus anus
makes the word paenus, You what?
not a real one fool!
or bonus part two:
Is there a sunroof?
Prius the vagina car
birth fuel efficient
Things I learned this weekend:
- Liverpool Football club need some changes in the summer. The league performances have not been good enough. They reached two cup finals winning one, so that was one positive, but all in, the squad isn’t yet strong or even balanced enough. Andy Carroll might have done enough to earn a stay of execution and truth be told (which seems easier to say after the game), I thought at the time that he should have started.
- That when being admitted to the Rock N Roll hall of fame, people there don’t half waffle on a bit.
- When I sulk, I don’t learn a lot.
Winner – – “The very next time I read a blog, I hope that it won’t disappoint me as much as this particular one. After all, I know it was my choice to read through, however I genuinely thought you’d have something helpful to talk about. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you weren’t too busy looking for attention”.
I’m assuming this one is actually spam. Have a fun week.
Lexicon word of the day: bailiwick.