This weeks weekend relevant prompts, for Monday Haiku are:
- Story – I had this story come to mind which was a bit more fantasy than my usual thing. That said it seemed a decent idea, so I spent some time fleshing the ideas out and the spine of the story, to see if I want to try write it.
- Disneyland Rose – As a mothers day gift, my son (well me really) got my wife a “Disneyland” Rose. They have a corny name, but are beautiful to look at, as they bloom in several colours, and smell nice too. They were named after the Disney world of colour. We already have some, but we had a slot open. That is the flowers on the picture above.
- Mothers Day – In the US, it was yesterday (the UK one was last month). Enough said.
So here we go:
Write a new story?
Unexpected world appeared
Defrosting the mind
Ok, Disneyland roses.
Corny named flower
Disneyland world of colour
graceful little rose
They really are a nice flower (not that I am an expert).
Excuse for a card?
or celebrate your mummy?
Happy Mothers Day
I was doing the dishes saturday lunchtime and looking out of the window. A little bird fluttered down, and landed on the corner of the roof of our garage. I watched it for a moment thinking how he knows nothing of our lives, the people living in this house. He knows nothing of having to pay bills, or buy food, or clean up. He knows nothing about watching my son grow up, the little things he learns, or the smiles. He knows nothing about why my son thinks it is funny watching the keg toss on Worlds strongest man. He knows nothing of taking photographs, or arranging a house. These are things he doesn’t think about. In a way he seems free. He inspired me to write this two part “bonus Haiku”. It is in between the lines below that I didn’t delete from copying last mondays post.
Little bird teach me life
realise the things we have
Oh, the cat got you
Couldn’t help myself
little flutter to my mouth
I am the cat, Meow!
Things I learned this weekend:
- Some things in life are not as simple as they seem (see Bonus Haiku above).
- Maybe the last LFC update for a few weeks as this was their last game of the season. It was poor in the league, but half decent in the cups winning one, and losing in the final of the other. We finished with yet another loss. Some changes needed over the summer. At least Man city got two late goals to win the league, meaning Man Utd didn’t.
- Under the midday sun is not the best time to dig a hole in the garden.
- It was my wife’s turn to clean the cat litter box 😉
This was on the post about the wordpress “Like” Button. Have a fun week.
Lexicon word of the day: balanitis.