An extra post today. Regular “Monday Haiku and what I learned this weekend” is also up on the linky. Anyhoo…
Yikes, it is that time again. Some extremely kind people have crossed the web thingy, lifted the brain, and slid under a small gift or two. Admittedly some of these gifts have been sitting in the brain for a while. I’m very naughty, I’m just catching up, but it is time to ride a wave of Blog awards. Here they are with appropriate rules.
There are some rules involved:
1) Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
2) Share 7 things about yourself.
3) Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
4) Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
1) Write ten things about yourself.
2) Include the award’s logo in a post.
3) Nominate 10-12 other bloggers.
4) Link to your nominees.
5) Link the person who nominated you.
1. Thank and link back to the awarding blog.
2. Answer the seven questions (see below).
3. Provide ten random factoids about yourself.
4. Last but not at all least, hand this on to seven deserving others.
1) thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
2) share 7 things about yourself.
3) nominate 15 or so bloggers you admire.
4) contact your chosen bloggers to let them know.
1. Thank the person that nominated you and link back to their blog. Thank you, Kate!
2. Tell the world 7 things about yourself that you have not shared, yet.
3. Nominate 7 fellow bloggers and let them know.
The acceptance speech:
Thank you to all of the above for the kindness you have shown me in reading some of my work, liking and commenting, but also in thinking of me when it came to passing on these awards, you all have wonderful blogs. I understand that some people view these a little bit like blogger spam, due to the various rules about passing them on, much like those awful emails which state, pass this along and some good luck nonsense will happen to you in the next 24 hours, because the good luck fairy tracks emails right? But as I mentioned in a previous awards posting ceremony, this is more about celebrating the blogging community. It is a chance to give a nod to some of the blogs you read, and to bring their attention to some of your readers. In turn it is a chance for them to also show blogs that they like and bring attention to a slightly larger audience. I have found some new and interesting blogs and writers this way.
However with that in mind I do not have enough blogs to pass on seven or however many of each award. So I will highlight some blogs and pass on some awards, but not the full number right now. You do not have to participate, but if you want to, the rules are above. Also below is some rhubarb about me. – Thank you.
The bit about me:
This time I’m going to go with the 7 questions from the Kreativ blogger award.
1. What’s your favourite song?
I love music and I own a lot of it. I’m actually more of a fan of albums, I like lots of songs, so having a favourite song is not something that comes to mind. Off the top of my head, I guess these ones might be contenders: “It’s my life” – Talking Heads, “Metal Heart” – Cat power (the original one on Moon Pix, not the rerecorded one on Jukebox), or “Enjoy the silence” by Depeche Mode. If you asked me tomorrow, I would likely have thought of different ones.
2. What’s your favourite dessert?
It would probably be an ice-cream, something like Haagen Dazs flavour “dulce de leche“, but I eat a lot of Ben and Jerrys too.
3. What do you do when you’re upset?
Moan, but only give myself the evening. The following day is time to get up and forget about it / move on.
4. Which is your favourite pet?
We only have one, a cat, and I’m not even sure if she qualifies as the favourite, especially some mornings at 5.30 in the AM.
5. Which do you prefer, black or white?
6. What is your biggest fear?
failure (but that can often be a big positive also).
7. What is your attitude mostly?
Positive and laid back.
This is a bit hard because lots of blogs I read already have various different awards and I don’t want them to think I do not care, because I do. I shall counter this with putting a proper blogroll to the site sometime soon. To all nominees, participating is not compulsory, I shall not feel offended if you have no wish to participate.
Versatile blogger award to Smaktakula at Promethean Times who seems to have a similar sense of humour to me and does some great posts.
Versatile blogger award to La La @ Tales of a Charm City Chick for being slightly loopy (in a nice way), and writing interesting and funny posts.
Sunshine Award to DyingNote someone I found via the last awards post, who clearly loves music and this shows through in the posts.
Sunshine Award to LS. Engler * for her writings and updates on the writing life.
Kreativ blogger award to Sheila Pearson for her writing, poems, and more.
Kreativ blogger award to Dan @ This man’s world for his variety of posts about his life and other things he is passionate about.
One lovely blog award to Chris Sheridan @ Wordplay for his stories and sense of humour.
Tell Me about yourself award to Rebecca @ A Word or More for her stories and experiences she shares with us.
Tell Me about yourself award to GJScobie for his poems, lyrics, and updates on the writing life.
Congratulations to all nominees, feel free to highlight some blogs that you like if you wish to participate, and keep up the good work with your blogs.