This weeks weekend relevant prompts for Monday Haiku are:
- Rearranging my son’s bedroom – My wife and I rearranged my 18 month old son’s bedroom making it more baby safe for him to play in there. This involved a little bit of getting rid of old wires, patching holes and painting. Some moving of furniture, and some new additions. He did get some new toys to play with as well which more reflect his age and development, so it was a good day for him.
- Fifa Euro 2012 (PS3) – In Europe everyone will know the European championships are happening. For US readers who probably don’t know, it is the second largest International football (soccer) tournament after the World Cup. It is quite a big deal in sporting terms in Europe. After spotting it on offer, I downloaded the add on to Fifa 12 to have some games on the PS3. I’m a bit crap at it, I start getting in a strop at it.
- England football team – Played their quarter final on sunday after topping the qualifying group. They lost on penalties (no surprise there), to Italy, and are now out of the competition. Typical Roy Hodgson tactics, concede the ball too much, lump it forward all the time, and hope something will happen. Nope, players clearly fatigued in the second half, and worse in injury time. That is what happen when you use the same team, and it spends most of the games chasing after the ball, trying to get back possession.
So here we go:
Summer day alter
we secure bedroom for fun
a new look for you
It was a nice little change for him. He has a new rug with animals on it.
how many chances are missed
thumbs won’t score a goal
Related to England doing this (without the many chances):
England no surprise
Nothing for forty six years
Why expect change now?
Bonus Haiku is looking at the weekend post from this blog right here, focusing on what makes a popular post, and something I called “the search phrase experiment”. As a note to this post, I think there will be a follow up post in a few days time with some more points to add, plus some more search phrases to experiment with, prior to posting the results of said experiment. – Bonus Haiku between the lines below:
Well I wonder, what
makes a popular posting
here in blogging world
Oh for large viewings
with search term nonsense
Things I learned this weekend:
- I have more jobs around the house to do.
- “Priscilla, Queen of the desert” is a funnier film than I remember. Got to like those ping pong balls.
- Mega blocks are more fun for me at the moment than my son (maybe).
- I can write one blog post, realise I have forgotten a bunch of stuff, then realise that I have enough for a “part 2”
- I need to plan out my time a bit more and get on with writing a book. Hmm…
Lexicon word of the day: avowal.