This weeks weekend relevant prompts for Monday Haiku are:
- Finishing Game of Thrones book three “A Storm of Swords” – I tend to read a fiction book, then something non-fiction, then something else e.g. a biography (or maybe more fiction), then repeat the cycle. The Game of Thrones books are large (this one 1100 pages) and anyone with a toddler running round can tell you that the time to read drops off a bit, especially when you have other interests like writing. Finally this book is done. I enjoyed it, I will read the next one, but first it is time for a change.
- Free Sunday Morning – I normally webcam with my parents on a sunday morning. They are on holiday this week so we had a free sunday morning. We went to the park.
- Lowes – My wife went to a baby shower (well for a second child, so more a baby sprinkle). My son and I went for some guys shopping down at Lowes.
N.B. Update for point three. The child is not ours it is for some friends of ours.
So here we go:
Long read, Game of Thrones
Epic, swords, rape, and murder
ready for next book
Ok there is a lot more to it than that, but those are themes that stand out.
Hot, sunday morning
but relax, take it all in
enjoy a new park
It was a new park we went to. It was enjoyable, there were people around, but not too many:
Myself and “big man”
With guy stuff to buy at Lowes
now get him to work
Bonus Haiku is looking at the Carrie Rubin’s son’s “awful offspring offal”, because a) it is amusing, b) I’m being lazy in inspiration terms for the bonus Haiku, and c) because Carrie said I could. So thanks Carrie for letting me steal it, and thanks Carrie offspring for saying it. N.B. There might be some naughty words so if offended jump the dotted lines below, or alternatively, if enticed, jump between the dotted lines below:
Oh, to dance with words
pen mightier than the sword
Oh pen, where art thou?
went on adventure
but there’s one up my butt you
can reach up and grab
Things I learned this weekend:
- Spain are worthy Euro 2012 winners, and perhaps one of the best international sides ever having won Euro 2008, World Cup 2010, and Euro 2012. Even their substitutes bench is full of quality players, some of which didn’t even get to play in this tournament. Awe inspiring in the truest sense.
- I have finally gotten better at the above on the Ps3. In fact I won it using England. So we can safely say the realism of this game is somewhat lacking.
- ****** survives, ******* ** alive, Rob ** **** of the ****, Arya ** ***** **** – Game of Thrones book three spoilers covered up! I’m looking forward to book four, but after a break for a few other books.
- With the that in mind, I now don’t know what to read next, so I have narrowed it down to a few choices on my book pile, and I’m asking for your help in the poll below. The options are “The Corrections“, Slaughterhouse 5“, and this highly rated book “The fiddler in the subway“
Lexicon word of the day: idiolect.