Thank you to those who responded / commented on the weekend post, “The blog post trail aka the other map of blog” thus far. I will get back to that one as I think it is worth doing. In the meantime, this weeks weekend relevant prompts for Monday Haiku are:
- Louis CK – If you have never seen the FX show Louie, then you ought to. It is odd, often vulgar, often brilliant, always entertaining. It is one of the best and most inventive comedies on tv. Louie CK writes it all, his character is a version of himself, full of self loathing. Sometimes the guest stars play themselves, sometimes not. He even found something good for Robin Williams (who I am not a big fan of in comedy). The first two seasons are on Netflix streaming. What does it have to do with the weekend? Well I watched last thursdays episode then.
- Twitter – Great for little posts and links, if you follow the right people. One thing I like is I can watch LFC, and get the line-up just prior to kick-off, plus other “thoughts and opinions” as the games are going on. Which I did this weekend.
- Breaking Bad– AMC’s top “tension” drama. Still good, and racing towards the end (the rest of this season and eight episodes to end it next year). All previous seasons are on netflix streaming. New episodes currently on sunday evenings.
So here we go:
Full of self loathing
scrape humour down to the bone
Louis CK wins
Seriously, I don’t know where he gets his ideas from, or even gets aways with them but…
The word is somewhere
somewhere in the twitter nest
some delight does lurk
Got to love (and tut tut at) Twitter.
Walter White, teacher
to controlless meth dealer
meet a grisly end?
Breaking Bad might be the best drama show on TV right now.
Bounce! Bonus Haiku returns with a hop, skip, and a tale about… Well you will see. I’m pretty sure this is about as far away from the olympics as you can get, hence why I didn’t post it last week. Usual blurb follows in the next sentence. Jump between the lines for bonus fun, or over to give it a miss:
What defines a man?
How to demonstrate his strength?
It between his legs?
Yes between his legs
for man with hundred pound balls
lots of bulk to scratch
And here he is:
So I apologize for this shameful joke:
Yo, check that guy out
wears a tracksuit upside down
he’s got some balls man
When I saw the above guy on TV there was a mix of feeling bad and laughter. Sorry but balls of this size is amusing and I’m not entirely sure how he let it get that bad. If mine started to incvrease in size, I would have got them “examined” pretty sharp-ish:
What I learned this weekend
- LFC chose to open the season with “One of those days”. After dominating most of the first half, they went in a goal down, to a fine goal. So far no complaints. Then they conceded a weak penalty which the opposition missed, but did result in our defender getting a straight red card. Then a few minutes later conceded another penalty by a fluke accident, which the opposition did score. Then a player we brought on, left the game 10 minutes later with an injury. Then chasing the game with 10 Vs 11, they conceded a third goal. Game over. Not the best way to start, but early days on a slightly different playing philosophy and a long way to go. Up next, last seasons Premier league champions, Manchester City.
- I wish Scrivener was on ipad
- I wish I had an iPad. Perhaps soon eh?
- An animated series (I won’t mention which one), which I used to watch as a child, is as old as my wife. She kindly pointed out I was older.
- The most odd search term that got to my blog in the last week was “Firestar’s vagina”. Interesting…
Have a nice week.
Lexicon word of the day: ideogram.