This weeks bit of news to begin with:
So I am back. Back to the blog, in some capacity at least. In what capacity, only time (and experience, so er, two things then) will tell. I’m now with shiny new iPad, which is useful now I am not at home as much. It is a fine thing.
So, this Mondays “review of the week” prompts are:
- The Virus (Haiku)– also returning (for my son anyway). Little guy seems to have susceptibility to colds / coughs settling on his chest. Potential asthma problem? Don’t know yet, but hopefully not.
- Hot, hot heat (Haiku) – Not the band but the ongoing summer. Nearly the end of September and still it is hot in these parts.
- iPad and iPhone 5 (Tanka)– ok from time to time I am a tech geek. Not only a new iPad but the “blisteringly fast” 4g/lte on the iphone5. Where I live, the lte coverage is good, so the thing is pretty fast. On pre-order day for the latter, my son usefully woke me up early that morning, so with free time…
So here we go:
Cough, wheezy virus
making a home in his chest
better move out soon
He is in good spirits though and his loss of appetite was only a day or two.
Oh for rain showers
Let garden grow, cool us down
just small bit cooler
Seriously, a bit cooler will still be warm, and shorts weather, it doesn’t need to be this hot. On the other hand, check out that smog. Hmm…
do you need all those gadgets?
do they rule your life?
they make you the man you are?
these days the answer is … yes
they are certainly an integral way to the way I run my life right now, and truth be told, to the job I do, to some extent anyway.
This section is going to sometimes be “Bonus Haiku” (see last mondays post) i.e. A bit ruder or more adult haiku, OR a rant about something, or maybe an amusing video.
A short video for this week. Not a new one, but don’t worry, it is a short one (18 seconds), and a funny, but toe cringing one, from the “Wheel of Fortune” in the US:
What I learned this weekend
- LFC still haven’t won in the league having their worst start in “oh a long, long, time”. But they are playing some good stuff, and the results will only be a matter of time. The effort against Man Utd on sunday was immense.
- I use technology a lot, and in many ways I would not have thought of even five years ago.
The next post may be wednesday, or maybe friday, check back and see. Have a nice week.
Lexicon word of the day: Loquacious.