This weeks bit of news to begin with:
- I’m struggling for time at the moment whilst the new routine kicks in. This might mean restricted posts over the next couple of weeks. Or it might not. We shall see later this week.
So, this Mondays “review of the week” prompts are:
- Drive to work (Haiku) – The legendary Orange County freeways during rush hours. Not pleasant, but I’m going to have to get used to it for a while. Double the journey time or more. Great.
- LFC Manager (Haiku) – Got to fit LFC in there somewhere right? New manager took time to sit with some writers from fan groups, fan sites and similar for some talk on him running LFC. It turned out to be a detailed interview where he explained many ideas. The recording is online to listen to (about 45 mins).
- Inspiration (Tanka) – I seemed short of inspiration for a third prompt this week. Then I thought about the poem I did in 15 minutes which I posted on saturday. Then I realised that I have been gathering good ideas for a short story collection. Inspiration is always there, sometimes I just need to look under something to find it. So naturally this third prompt…
So here we go:
To know irony
travel the OC freeways
ask what is freeway?
Enough said there.
Ask Brendan Rogers
The man in whom we do trust
explain point of view
Here is hoping he gets the time, and it works.
It does not exist
yet it exists everywhere
take a look around
think about that which you see
there for you to create with
and it usually is. Pick up something near you and borrow some words….
This section is going to sometimes be “Bonus Haiku” (see last mondays post) i.e. A bit ruder or more adult haiku, OR a rant about something. This week it is a mini rant:
This week I l want to know why there are not enough hours in the day? Why do I have to work, spend too long in a car, then have little time to read, write, spend time with my wife and son? – Because that’s how life is, thats why. I need to manage my time better. Switch and make use of a technologies. Work out a better routine. So erm, why are there not more hours in the day? Oh…
What I learned this weekend
- This week I listened to one interesting interview with LFC manager Brendan Rogers and watched perhaps even a better one with former Liverpool player Craig Johnstone on LFC tv. The latter deserving of a post of its own on the subject of passion.
- Certain Orange County freeways prove the irony of the “free” part and cannot be trusted.
- I need to get up in the morning “that bit earlier”.
Have a nice week.
Lexicon word of the day: finial.